Technology Today and Future
My technological philosophy is simple- technology is an investment, not a cost. If I leverage it correctly, I enhance the delivery of services while reducing costs. Constituents have every right to expect 21st century services from their local government- from web based access to mobile optimized applications.
- Deployed an automated line management system to reduce waiting times for services and better manage staff.
- Secure Attorney Access- permits civil & probate attorneys remote access to their cases files.
- TechShare Courts – Collaborative development of a Criminal Court Case Management System for potential adoption across the state.
- Elimination or reduction of paper and electronic files in accordance with state approved records retention schedules.
- Eliminated the use of paper in Mental Health case filings and hearings.
- Leading initiative to eliminate paper in the Civil and Probate Courts. Increasing efficiency while reducing costs.
- Reengineered website to simplify navigation – First to Provide fillable forms.
- Taking technology on the road to provide service at community events- Back to School Round up – Senior Synergy events.
- Facilitated live video interviews for judges to interview mental health patients from states hospitals- avoiding costly transport by deputies.
- Working to purchase a state of the art land and vital records management system to improve services.
- In the process of deploying live chat to the web for to speed up citizen engagement and delivery of services.
- Established new Passport offices leveraging the latest technology to process citizen’s applications with confidence and expediency.
- Partnered with Justice of Peace Court #1, Judge Ralph Swearengin, to move his courtroom paperless.
- Collaborated with Tarrant County’s Historical, Tax, Sheriff, County Judge and Transportation offices to protect historic records and improve citizen access.